Our Gym And CV Suite
At Wossobama Gym we emphasize on fitness and conditioning above all things in our cardio and weights area. As such we are happy to work with our members and provide exercise and diet programs tailored specifically to them. We offer in the gym and fitness area;
- Powerplate Vibration Training
- Suspension Training
- Fully Equipped Cardio Area
- Fully Equipped Weights Area
- Free Weights & Machine Weights
- Functional Trainer (cables etc)
- Power Cage & Smith Machine
- Dumbbells 1kg – 45kg
- Olympic Bars (5,6,7 ft)
- Kettlebells (2kg – 34kg)
- Medicine Balls (full set)
- The ‘Prowler’ (not for the faint hearted)
- Ab Trainers / Benches etc
Power plate machines are enjoying a huge surge in popularity and they are at Wossobama Gym NOW. There are 3 key benefits; First,it helps you to lose weight, Second, it helps to build muscle tone & Third is improved bone density. See the Wossobama Gym staff for details…
PowerPlates are FREE to use with any of our Gym deals..
LOOK what you’ll receive when you join the gym.. FREE
- Gym Induction
- Fitness Programme (Specific to your goals)
- The Wossobama Gym ‘Welcome Pack’
- Pages of Diet advice
- Pages of Tips
- Pages of Myths
- Supplement advice
- Class Voucher
- Programme support & NEW fitness programme every 8 weeks
- Personal Training discount voucher
50% off Join Up Fee, NOW only £30
PLUS FREE Wossobama Gym Vouchers
- Voucher 1 – 20% off any T-Shirt
- Voucher 2 – 20% off any Shorts
- Voucher 3 – 20% off any Hooded Top
- Voucher 4 – 20% off any Supplements
Suspension & Gymnastic Hoop Training
Does It Work – YES!
Integrated functional training promotes multi-muscle movements that combine lower body, upper body and the core in one. It tasks the body and mind. Think of any mainstream exercises, bench press, squat, lunge rows, sit ups, all these moves can be replicated using the Suspension & Gymnastic Hoop Training System we have, but the design allows increased muscle involvement with co-ordination and your core is always activated this results in a tighter mid section, better posture and a leaner figure.
Our Promise We specialise in fitness and martial arts and all our staff are champions in their sport so they have an excellent knowledge base. We are all friendly fitness professionals, fully qualified, fully insured and certified. Our training methods work and are proven, we are well established and have been operating the Wossobama Gym since 1997. We offer results Guaranteed.
Be Inspired at Wossobama Gym
At Wossobama we emphasize fitness and conditioning above all things. As such we are happy to work with our members and provide exercise and diet programs tailored specifically to them. Below are a couple of examples.
WOSSOBAMA GYM PROGRAMME 1
(General Fitness example)
DAY 1 Upper Body
WARM UP 10 minutes on any machine you wish or skipping, jog on the spot variations.
|1. BICEP HAMMER CURL||3 X 12|
|2. DUMBBELL (DB) TRICEPS EXTENSION||3 X 12|
|3. DB UPRIGHT ROW||3 X 12|
|4. OVERHEAD DB PRESS||3 X 12|
|5. ONE ARM ROW||3 X 12|
|6. BENCH PRESS||3 X 12|
|7. LAT PULL DOWN||3 X 12|
|8. DUMBBELL LATERAL RAISE||3 X 12|
|9. SIT UPS||3 X 20|
|10. LEG RAISES||3 X 15|
Then cardio 5 – 10 minutes on 3 different machines.
DAY 2 Lower Body
WARM UP 10 minutes on any machine you wish, as before.
|1. SQUAT||3 X 12|
|2. STRAIGHT LEG DEADLIFT||3 X 12|
|3. ALTERNATE LUNGES||3 X 12 EACH LEG|
|4. KETTLE BELL SWING||3 X 15 – 20|
|5. STEP UPS||3 X 12 EACH LEG|
|6. PLANK (FRONT & SIDES)||3 X 30 sec each way|
Then cardio 5 – 10 minutes on 3 different machines.
Train hard and you will achieve your dreams.. Be inspired.. at WOSSOBAMA GYM.
Ally’s Top Diet Tips
Follow these simple rules to reduce your waistline and increase your health;
1. Avoid liquid calories. This includes soft drinks, tea and coffee with milk and sugar, alcohol, milk and even fruit juice. If you don’t chew the calories your brain and stomach have no knowledge of the calories going in so you still feel hungry and end up fatter.
2. Drink more water! Aim for at least 3 litres daily and increase to four as you become accustomed. That’s 6 pints of water a day at least.
3. Reduce refined carbohydrate. Basically, anything that comes in a box or wrapper has been man made or contains sugar or white flour and has no fibre or nutritional value. Cereals, white bread and pasta and obviously sweets and crisps are to be reduced.
4. Replace all that junk with healthy alternatives such as apples, berries, more water and mixed nuts such as walnuts, almonds and brazil nuts.
5. Increase your healthy fats. These are found in mixed nuts, oily fish such as salmon and mackerel and use more olive oil when cooking and maybe take a fish oil supplement. Fat is not to be avoided, it helps you burn unwanted bodyfat by providing the body with the essential fats it needs for metabolism and to thrive.
6. Eat more vegetables. Here’s a simple trick to use. Eat all the colours of the rainbow every day and you’ll be sure to get all the nutrients you need.
7. Eat more protein. Protein cannot be stored by the body, so it is either used to repair damaged tissue or eliminated as waste. All that digestion and repairing can boost your metabolism and increase the rate of your fat loss efforts.
8. Eat smaller portions but more frequently. This helps avoid hunger pangs and binge eating. How many of you skip breakfast, have a sandwich for lunch and then gorge on junk just when you are going to bed? Eating more when you are going to use it stabilises blood sugar so you have constant energy throughout the day and no lethargy after a big meal.
9. Organise your eating. Eat more when you are going to burn it off. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper is old advice but it doesn’t make it any less true.
10. The 90% rule. If your diet is 90% good healthy food the other 10% can be treats now and then. Such as buffet night at the Chinese or a party, the odd bit of junk at the weekends or a special occasion when there’s no way you’d enjoy the night sitting with no drink or food. So if you have 5 smaller meals a day = 35 meals a week. This allows for 3 dietary mistakes per week including if you miss a meal. Plan your treats so you know you can get right back on track without feeling guilty.
You can also have an individualised diet, training and lifestyle programme tailored to your needs. Book in for a Personal Training slot with one of our instructors and we’ll help you design a plan that will get you results with GUARANTEED SUCCESS at WOSSOBAMA GYM.